2017 model now available.
Not a fan of the Ceramico Pad? We have the bike short you want with the original Clasico 400-Mile™ pad we had in our bibs before we introduced the Ceramico Pad.
- 14mm Clasico 400-Mile™ Pad sewn into the short. This pad stretches more, and it floats which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
- Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction against saddle and thighs
- 11-panel bike short made of Forza Compressor Fabric (see Fabric Facts)
- 3-inch two-piece Mobius™ Comfort leg-bands (read details below)
- Hi cut drawstring and elastic waist keeps the shorts up and protects you from low back exposure to the sun.
- Shorter Leg Length than other brands: Have you seen the length of the bibs that riders have been wearing in Europe lately especially in the Grand Tours? As opposed to most brands here in the states, which come just above the knees, our 400-Mile Bibshorts and Bike Shorts are comfortably shorter like those currently used by the pros in the Grand Tours, and they have no gripper elastic, yet stay in place and do not bind the legs.
- 3 pockets: one one each outer thigh and one center back pocket that fit cell phones, smart phones, fuel packets, and most sunglasses. If you never use them, you will never know they are there. But you will wonder how you could have lived without them.
- Curvilinear™ seamlines, contrast flatstitch, and the 400-Mile™ Pad make it the most comfortable bibshort on the market, regardless of price.
- This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool
Emilio gave these shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
WHAT IS MOBIUS COMFORT COMPRESSION?
A Mobius Strip is a surface with only one side and one boundary. Mobius™ Comfort is our new form-fitting, yet non-binding compressive fabric. The knit we created when blending fibers make repeated mobius loops so that the same surface, stretch, and rebound is on both sides of the fabric and in equal direction. You will notice comfort and support without constriction, opacity without unnecessary weight, and durability from a very smooth surface on both sides. In addition to this bib made entirely of this fabric, you will find Mobius Comfort Leg Bands on all our trishorts, bike shorts, and bib shorts.
Clasico 400-Mile Pad Dimensions:
- Max Thickness: .55" (14mm)
- Min Thickness: .05" (1.25mm)
- Total Length: 13.75" (35cm)
- Front Max Width: 6.125" (15.5cm)
- Waist Width - most narrow point: 5.375" (13.5cm)
- Back Max Width: 9.25" (23.5cm)
- Small: 7.75" (19.69cm)
- Medium: 8.25" (20.96cm)
- Large: 8.75" (22.23cm)
- XLarge: 9.25" (23.50cm)
- Small: 16" (40.64cm)
- Medium: 17" (43.18cm)
- Large: 18" (45.72cm)
- XLarge: 19" (48.26cm)
PRODUCT CODE: BS3