The CoolHead™ is a Skin Cooler Balaclava. It is a hood you can wear with any top to help keep you cool and to protect you from the sun's harmful rays.
- Made of Skin Cooler 90™ Stretch fabric that blocks 90% UVB rays, breathable, while keeping you cooler.
- Full head, neck, and face coverage of forehead, temples, jaw and chin.
- Pony tail fly in back at base of the occipital bone.
- Tucks into the neck of most tops, shirts, and jerseys.
- Wear in comfort under helmets, running caps, and shading hats.
- Can be left on around the neck and pulled up like any hooded top
What makes ours different? De Soto's Skin Cooler fiber is designed to feel and perform like silk (from a silk worm). Through Biomimicry, De Soto created a synthetic silk. It will keep you cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. Put it on and you will instantly feel the cool sensation. Wet it and you will notice a drop in the surface temperature of the skin between 7 and 10 degrees.
Skin Cooler 90™
DO THE COLORED FABRICS OR THE PARTS WITH LOGOS AFFECT THE COOLING?
NO! No matter what the color is of the Skin Cooler Products or the logos on the outside, you will notice that the fabric on the inside is still all white. The reason is that the sublimation process De Soto uses to place their logos or color on their fabric, turns the ink into a gas that adheres only to the outside of the fabric. Therefore this ink is non-absorbent and does not affect the technical integrity of the product in any way. So the colored parts of the products will keep you just as cool as the white.