The most concise, well-organized, and clearly illustrated reference available, Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance gently guides the reader - regardless of mountain bike experience or mechanical prowess - through every aspect of maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting in a succinct and easy-to-read format and presents the latest technological advances and equipment in mountain bike components. Detailed diagrams and simple instructions explain everything from repairing a flat tire to building a wheel. The instructions are useful for anyone interested in mountain bikes, yet concise and complete enough to cover every state-of-the art technical concern facing today's mountain biker. This timely revision offers updated information on shock pump adaptors, master links, V-brakes, cleat mounting and pedal overhaul, oversize handlebars, carbon steering tubes, tubeless rims, and much more. Repairs are rated for degree of difficulty while line drawings illustrate how parts fit together and show the tools needed to keep bikes in top shape and pedaling smoothly both on and off the trail.
- Lennard Zinn explains and demonstrates how to completely and properly maintain every component of a mountain bike, including chains, derailleurs, shifters, wheels, brakes, cranks, bottom brackets, pedals, saddles, seatposts, suspension systems, handlebars, stems, headsets, forks, and frames
- Describes and rates every repair and counsels the novice bike mechanic how to decide whether or not to take the bike to a bike shop for professional attention
- Extensive line drawings show how parts fit together and illustrate the tools required for every type of bike
- Completely revised and updated to include the most recent information on state-of-the-art mountain bike components
- Explains emergency on-trail repair tricks